Pour répondre aux messages, vous devez être identifié.

#1 15-11-2018 09:06:09

huangjian123
Membre

Voir ses annonces

6 quick-hit thoughts on the Patriots and the NFL

before the regular season opener Today Youth Stephen Gostkowski Jersey , the wait is finally over – at least for the NFL fan whose interest in the game is not strictly limited to one team: the reigning world champion Philadelphia Eagles will host the Atlanta Falcons for the 2018 regular season opener! Before the first game of the year will be kicked off, though, let’s share some thoughts on the NFL and its opening week of action.The regular season already started at 12:00 a.m. todayFinancially speaking, the league has already been in regular season mode for the last five hours: by 12:00 a.m. ET, all 32 organizations had to be under the salary cap as the offseason’s “rule of 51” – only a team’s 51 most expensive contracts counted against the salary cap – expired. This means that every franchise needs to fit all of its active roster, practice squad, and other players under the $177.2 million cap now. The New England Patriots, as things currently stand, are roughly $6.3 million below the cap (via Miguel Benzan).The Tom Brady/Rob Gronkowski offseason pales in comparison to the Le’Veon Bell sagaWhen the Patriots’ two biggest stars decided to stay away from voluntary offseason workouts, some in the local and national media turned it into the story of spring – one filled with rumors and speculation. Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski returned for mandatory practices, however, and it was business as usual again in New England again. The drama surrounding Brady and Gronkowski never reached the same level the Pittsburgh Steelers are currently experiencing: star running back Le’Veon Bill is still holding out as part of a contract dispute and there is a real chance that he misses at least the team’s season opener.Jimmy Garoppolo faces a big challenge in his first season opener for the 49ersFormer Patriots backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo performed well after getting traded to the San Francisco 49ers last October: he helped his new team win all five of his starts White Trey Flowers Jersey , and delivered some solid performances. As a result, he received a 5-year, $137.5 million contract in February. Entering his first full season in San Francisco, Garoppolo will have to show that he was worth the investment – and his first test will be a big one. The 49ers open the season on the road against a Minnesota Vikings team that fielded the NFL’s best scoring defense a year ago.The NFL will make a huge fuss about Aaron Rodgers vs Khalil Mack on Sunday nightWhen the league’s schedule makers decided to use the Green Bay Packers-Chicago Bears rivalry for its first Sunday night game of the year, it did not see Khalil Mack coming: the former NFL defensive player of the year was traded from the Oakland Raiders to Chicago last weekend – one of the biggest trades in recent memory. Naturally, the hype machine is on: expect the battle between Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Mack to take center stage on Sunday and overshadow other potentially intriguing storylines.Seahawks vs Broncos shows how time flies in the NFLA little more than four years ago, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos were the two best teams in football and meeting in the Super Bowl. Both made it back to the big dance since then – Seattle lost Super Bowl 49, Denver won Super Bowl 50 – but subsequently have seen their fortunes turn as much of the core players from a few years back are no longer with the teams. Both are in a relative rebuilding mode now, serving as examples just how quickly the tide can turn in the NFL.Matt Patricia has a prime opportunity to start his head coaching career wellOn Monday night, former Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia will experience his first regular season contest as the Detroit Lions’ new head coach. And on paper, he has a very good opportunity to start his tenure well. Detroit hosts a New York Jets team that went just 5-11 last year and will start rookie quarterback Sam Darnold. Patricia went 10-2 against rookies when he was New England’s defensive signal caller and saw his units give up an average of 17.2 points.Week 1 Patriots vs Texans: James Develin emerges as a surprise receiving option for New England Coming off an offseason full of turnover at wide receiver, the New England Patriots had plenty of questions at the position entering their opening day matchup against the Houston Texans. However White Phillip Dorsett Jersey , the team’s passing offense still had a productive outing – even though just nine of Tom Brady’s 26 pass completions were actually caught by wide receivers. The rest belonged to tight end Rob Gronkowski and the team’s offensive backfield.Seeing James White and Rex Burkhead on the list of pass catchers is little surprising, both are among the better receiving backs in the NFL. Another name stands out, though: James Develin. The veteran fullback, who is more known for his work as a lead blocker in the running game, finished opening day tied for third on the team with four catches – a new career high – for a grand total of 22 yards.While Develin is no stranger to catching the football due to his role as a versatile fullback/tight end-hybrid, seeing him getting targeted this often was still an unexpected development. The 30-year old had just six catches all of last year, after all, to bring his career total to 23 including the postseason. To his teammates, however, his recent emergence as a reliable receiving option is no shock.“He’s been always preparing and been always ready,” tight end Rob Gronkowski, who joined the Patriots two years prior to Develin’s arrival in 2012 http://www.authenticsnewenglandpatriots … noy-jersey , told reporters after the game. “Every time since I [can] remember since he’s been here, he’s always been ready to catch the ball. To get the first down, how many yards we need. He works hard, he plays hard, he blocks hard. It’s great to have him in the room.”Gronkowski, who also added that the tight end room was dubbed the “tight ends and fullbacks room” in New England, is not the only player to sing Develin’s praises after his productive performance on Sunday. The aforementioned James White, who also finished the day with four catches – for 38 yards and one touchdown – and is no stranger to aligning in the backfield and on the perimeter, spoke highly of the former undrafted free agent.“He’s out there on the field more and more each week,” White said after the game about his teammate. “He’s a very versatile guy and he made some key, big plays for us today. I think a lot of guys just tried to step in there and make plays when the ball came their way.” Yesterday, it was Develin’s turn to frequently hear his number called – and he was up to the challenge White Danny Shelton Jersey , catching all four passes Tom Brady fired his way.Arguably the biggest of those receptions came late in the fourth quarter: with the Patriots trying to run out to clock with a seven-point lead, Brady was forced to scramble to his right on a 2nd and 7. Develin stayed alive throughout the entire play and the NFL’s best quarterback had enough trust in the Pro Bowl fullback to make him his target. Develin showed that the trust was well placed, catching the pass for a 10-yard gain while also staying in bounds to keep the clock running.Develin himself attributed his productive day as a receiver to the Patriots’ Do Your Job-mentality. “I’m just trying to go out there, do what the coaches ask me to do, get as open as I could and catch every ball that came to me,” he said after the game against Houston. “Thankfully I was able to do that today, but we have a ton more that we can work on offensively and I’m excited to get back to work.”“I always come in here and have to earn my keep every single day,” Develin continued. “I try to stay as hungry as I was when I was 21 years old in this league and just trying to get my foot in the door. I think that will take me as far as I will ever go. I just have to always work and try to earn my stay and that’s what I’m going to do every day.” On Sunday, this work paid off for Develin and allowed the Patriots to stay on course despite an oft-reported shortage at the wide receiver position.

Pied de page des forums